A magician who could help people stay young forever would be no less than a god to people in this earth because no one wants to get older. Among all the reasons, being toothless would be a prime reason people would avoid getting older, if possible. I mean, who wants to lose their wonderful smile and facial beauty just because of their own teeth? We all know that teeth are an integral part of our body and help us chew our food but this is not all that one should know about their teeth. Read on to find some interesting facts about teeth:
- Let me ask you one simple question, which is the hardest part of your body? If you answered bones or something else, you are wrong. As a matter of fact, enamel, which is on the top of your teeth, is the hardest part in your entire body. But be careful, it doesn’t mean you can try opening a bottle of beer with your teeth without breaking them.
- Formation of the teeth starts right from the mother’s womb. However, it appears and becomes visible after 6-12 months of birth.
- Similar to fingerprints, every person in this world has a unique set of teeth. And every human being has only two sets of teeth in an entire life time.
- Apart from mouth cancer, there are also many diseases that are associated with your oral health which include diabetes, heart disease and osteoporosis.
- Your mouth can be a home to over 300 bacteria if you have a cavity or a plaque in your teeth.
- An average person brushes his teeth for 45-70 seconds (dentists recommend to brush at least for 2-3 minutes). And a person who brushes his teeth twice a day is supposed to spend 38 and half days brushing his teeth in his entire lifetime.
- Sour foods are equally as harmful as sweets to the teeth. People who tend to drink more soda are usually found to have 62% more decay than others.
- Because women are proud of their sparkling white teeth, an average American woman smiles 62 times in a day whereas an average man smiles only 8 times a day. A child in America smiles 400 times a day.
These facts must have helped you learn more interesting things about your teeth which you probably didn’t know. Hopefully now that you understand the significance of teeth and more about their proper care better than before you will take all the necessary precautions and give your teeth and gums the deserved amount of care for better oral health.